Hospitalist Jobs in Virginia
Thursday · April 22, 2021
1 Job in The Old Dominion
Photo: Backyard view of a Virginia Bearch suburb built around a pond.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Reston) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- The NP will stabilize and prepare sick and injured personnel to a higher level medical facility, and ensure that medical kits supplied to all personnel are maintained as to contents and serviceability.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Nurse Practitioners who recently completed a Tactical Combat Casualty Care (Tccc) course or comparable advanced trauma course featuring "live tissue" or simulation training are very desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a Nurse Practitioner is required.
- The Nurse Practitioners support the medical function and will treat patients in these settings to ensure proper injury care and disease diagnosis, treatment and recovery, request necessary tests and follow-up visits and refer patients to specialists as necessary.
- Must have a valid, current United States Driver's License.
- No conditions that would prevent the wear of personal protective equipment.
- Must have a current United States Passport.
- Participate in training, (including Hipaa training)as required by CHS prior to deployment.
- Nurse Practitioners with emergency medicine experience are highly desirable.
- All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles and ethics of the profession, applicable professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard for which CHS is recognized.
- Of referenced gear while running to a bunker or protected area in the face of perceived or imminent danger.
- Have and maintain current certification in Advanced Trauma Life Support (Atls), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Acls), and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Required Skills.
- Must be confirmed by a medical examination to be "medically and dentally fit" in accordance CHS Medical Readiness Guidelines and Policies and/or as dictated by the Client.
- For a complete list of positions please use the link below.
- All healthcare providers must have current clinical experience in direct patient care and have worked a minimum of 6 of the last 12 months in desired career field.
- In hospital settings, Nurse Practitioners support the physician in planning and implementing the medical support program (preventive and corrective) to maintain the health of COM personnel.
- Nurse Practitioners, at the direction of the responsible General Medical Officer, may be required to will hand carry meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks) for Hospitalized patients from the dining facility operated by another contractor to the Hospital inpatient ward and return trays or dispose of trash accordingly.
- Including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor and chemical/biological protective garments or conditions that would prevent the capability of donning, lifting or carrying of up to 70 lbs.
- The NP will be assigned to treat patients in one of the following settings: (1) Health Units (non-surgical/field medical care clinics), (2) Small medical/trauma hospitals (DSH), (3) Large medical/trauma hospital (DHS).
- In some locations, the NP will have a leadership role and serve as both NP and Site Medical Director or Lead Nurse Practitioner.
- All Health Care Providers (HCPs) will document care delivered and follow up care required..
- All shall demonstrate proficiency in the use of basic word processing programs and the CHS Medical Management System software.
- Duty locations in both Iraq and Afghanistan.
- CHS provides a wide range of medical services overseas, including managing and staffing onsite health clinics and hospitals for the United States government and prime contractors.
- In addition, some settings will require stabilization of patient and coordination of evacuation of patient to medevac center or Conus.
- Hold and maintain a current unrestricted United States (State) license and have either Aanp or Ancc certification.
- Travel is required by surface or air.
- Nurse Practitioners provide a United States standard of care for our patient care/treatment model.
- Nurse Practitioners shall be licensed in the United States.
- Some settings may require the Nurse Practitioner (NP) to coordinate with local hospitals to determine local capabilities, coordinate admission, monitor and arrange final disposition.
- The climate is desert-like, hot, and prone to dust storms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- All Nurse Practitioners shall be proficient in the ability to speak, write and communicate in English.
This perm job from Comprehensive Health Services was last open on Feb 23.